- 1 How to Start Online Dating in Ukraine? My Beginner’s Guide!
- 1.1 Choosing the right dating site
- 1.2 How to make a super attractive profile page?
- 1.3 You are ready to start online dating in Ukraine. Now what?
- 1.4 Long story short
How to Start Online Dating in Ukraine? My Beginner’s Guide!
If you are not living in the Ukraine, or in a country nearby, it might not be so easy to get in touch with a Ukrainian woman. With modern-day technology it is now easier than ever to give online dating in Ukraine a try.
But how do you start dating in Ukraine?
I am sure you have heard horrible stories of western-men being exploited for financial reasons and left with a broken heart and an empty wallet, because they got scammed.
Although this does happen everywhere in the world, I feel it is my responsibility to show you that those stories are just a handful, and that online dating in Ukraine is actually a very successful method to make first contact with hopefully the love of your life. In this guide I will show you how to approach online dating in Ukraine and how to be successful at picking up girls!
Welcome to Ukraine!
Choosing the right dating site
Choosing the right dating site can be a challenge when you first start online dating in Ukraine. There are many options out there, but you of course want to make sure you get the best results without paying a great deal of money for a lot of fake or old non-responsive profiles.
What to look for?
- First of all it is important to check if the website name has an English version for you. I would not recommend signing up to any page without making sure they offer their services in your language.
- Google the name of the website and see if there are any reviews available.
- Check the quality of the profiles. Ukrainian girls put in a lot of effort to look their best and have professional photo shoots almost weekly. This creates of course some model-like profile pages, but if the profile is not a mix between normal and model type pictures you might want to avoid that profile.
- Whilst paying for a website and the service they provide is normal you should always check the terms & conditions. The most common mistake is taking memberships that are more expensive or last several months longer the expected.
- Check if the payments are done through a secure line when paying with a credit card. If any doubt, just use a third party like PayPal for your payments.
How to make a super attractive profile page?
“Of course I will make a great profile page! What kind of question is that?”
Well, you would be surprised how little information guys fill in on their pages and just expect Ukrainian woman to fall at their feet just because they live in Western Europe or speak English. Sure, those type of girls might be out there, but do not act surprised if you will star in the next “biggest scam” story, because you did not make an effort.
A good profile page is like a business card and Ukrainian woman are much more interest in your motivations and ambitions then living location. It all comes down to making a good biography and having a stunning profile picture.
3 golden tips on making a good biography
- Don’t lie! The first and most important rule. I have encountered several guys who lied on their profile page and then finally met the girl of their dreams only to find out that Ukrainian women will remember E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! Oops, no turning back now, mate!
- There is nothing wrong with a nice picture with your car or house, but don’t make it to obvious. You are looking for a real date, not a gold digger.
- Most Ukrainian women are interested in steady and long-term relationships. Make sure your profile does not mention things that would indicate you are just interested in hook-ups.
The importance of a great profile picture
Do you know the saying: ” You never get a second chance to make a first impression”?
A great profile picture is a must-have when you start online dating in Ukraine. It is the first thing the people will see when they visit your profile page and it should represent you in a good way.
The picture will show the type of person that you are and if it does not show “maturity” right away a lot of Ukrainian woman will not be interested. That is the main reason why they are on an international dating site in the first place. Keep it in mind!
Having said that, this does not mean you have to be the next 50 Cent or Bill Gates when it comes to your pictures. You do want to show that you have your things in order and that you are ready to meet some amazing girls to hang out with.
Put on you best cloths, share/trim that beard, get a haircut and make sure the picture is not another creepy “living in my parent’s basement” selfie. And don’t forget: “A smile is a universal language”
You are ready to start online dating in Ukraine. Now what?
Your profile has been optimized and you made sure you have a killing profile picture. Now it is time to start scrolling through dozen of bio’s and profiles, but before you do this you will need to write down what you are exactly looking for. Make a selection for yourself based on location, age and other interest like level of education, languages and sports. This will save you a lot of time scrolling through profiles that are of little importance to you.
Your pre-selection allowed you to find your perfect match, but now it is time to get your A-game on and make a killing introduction. If you are expecting to meet impress a girl with messages like “Wssp?” or “Hey Beautiful” you are in for a long ride. It is simply not going to work.
Send short and original opening messages that indicate you have read her profile and just ask some in depth questions about what you have seen or peaked your interest.
“You have such a lovely picture in Paris. It looks like you are an adventurous person as well, but how did you experience the capital of France?”
“Looking hot! H Y doing?” Followed by 300 different emoticons.
As you can see there is a huge difference between both messages. The first one clear indicates several important facts:
1. You know how to write and speak a certain language.
2. You show interest in her by asking questions
3. The questions are about something personal, which shows you took time to read her profile
4. You are an adventurous and intelligent guy, because you know that Paris is the capital of France and you have travelled before.
Your introduction was great and you found a match worth talking to. Now it is time to really get to know each other, but it is smart choice to do this on either Whatsapp , Viber or another communications platform. I recommend this for two reasons. The first one being that on some dating website you need to pay per message that you sent. The other one is that scammers will try to keep you as long as possible on the website in order to sent these paid messages.
Therefore, you can check right away if you feel like you are talking to a scammer and save money by moving your communication to a more private setting. If she declines you should consider stopping communication and find another match.
Checking for scammers
As mentioned above, you can already do your first scammer check by asking if you continue your talks on social media or by Whatsapp. If she declines, there is the possibility she gets paid by the website to let you keep using their paid services. But if she accepts, I would recommend getting a Face-time/Skype session in as fast as possible.
This allows you to check if it is the same person as on het profile picture. Keep in mind that sometimes girls can be shy do to this because of their bad English. If this is the case, just offer her to switch the microphones off and talk by chat. This will make her much more comfortable.
Another red flag is when she asks you to sent her money. In no shape or form is it normal to sent her money after talking for a few days. Scammers will usually make the request after telling a sad story about a deceased family member or some terrible medical condition. Do not fall for this!
If you ever get to the point that you are ready to meet you can start considering financing certain aspects of the meet, like tickets and accommodation. I recommend you pay for the tickets and accommodation directly instead of sending her the money to do it herself. If she declines this offer, you know you are being scammed. Especially when they play the classic line “You do not trust me? I am very upset with you now!” and reverse the blame on you. You being the fool in love that you are, will desperately try to save your “relationship” and forward the money right away. Don’t do this! That is exactly what they want.
Pay and book everything yourself with a good cancellation policy. That way you are still in charge of your money and you can see if she is really serious about your relationship.
Step 1. Move away from the dating site
Step 2. Do a Face-Time or Skype session
Step 3. If sending money, do all the bookings and payments yourself
1. She does not want to move from the dating site. Only communicate through paid services
2. Does not want to do a Face-Time or Skype session
3. Asks for money almost instantly. Most of the time in combination with a story about a difficult personal situation
4. Will get upset if you make the reservations and payments yourself, instead of sending her the money
Long story short
I hope the above information will give you a clear idea about online dating in Ukraine. Please, don’t be scared by the horror stories you read online, as there are also many successful stories of couples meeting online. By the end of the day it comes down to using your common sense as scammers are also active in Western countries.
Just because many Ukrainian women are looking for a suitable partner in another country, does not mean they are desperate or easy to get. They have good standards, great personalities, and beautiful looks and are very loving inside. Act maturely and just be yourself you will have no issue at all finding an interesting partner.